Posted on October 17, 2022
Indigestion in the Working Day
Feelings of indigestion are never pleasant. But they can be especially troublesome throughout the working day and outside the comfort of your home.
Indigestion can be felt in different ways and is usually triggered by eating and drinking. You could have any of the following symptoms alone, or in combination:
- Heartburn – a painful burning feeling in the chest, often after eating
- Feeling full and bloated
- Feeling sick
- Burping and wind
- Bringing up food or bitter-tasting fluids into your mouth
Mild indigestion can often be helped with lifestyle changes, including:
- Eating smaller, more-frequent meals. Chew your food slowly and thoroughly.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Avoiding triggers.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Exercising regularly.
- Managing stress.
Lifeplan’s Gut Health Range provides 5 different supplements that support a variety of gut health needs and can be taken as part of a whole package of advice about dietary and lifestyle choices.
The Digestive Enzyme Complex contains a bespoke blend of seven key Digestive Enzymes including naturally sourced Papain and Bromelain, boosted with Calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes.
Digestive enzymes are naturally produced by the body to help to break down the food we eat into molecules small enough to be absorbed by the small intestine and enter the bloodstream. The body produces a range of different digestive enzymes to break down different nutrients in food:
- Amylase – breaks down carbohydrates into simple, absorbable sugars.
- Lipase – breaks down fats into smaller lipid molecules.
- Protease – breaks down proteins into amino acids.